“Sometimes when we need to care for someone else, we also need someone to care for us. That is where the Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House steps in. Dr. Lurton B. Lyle fully supports the House that has aided many of his fellow community members and patients. Since he began supporting this organization, many people have came to him to share their personal experiences with the House and how it has benefited their families in difficult times.” Excerpt from Miranda Newberry, Dickenson County Star.
Dr. Lyle hosted an 8 mile walk for his 80th birthday on Aug. 18th in Big Stone Gap at the track across from Food City to help raise funds for the House. He raised over $4,000! He is now retired and volunteering at the Dickenson County food bank and assisting occasionally at the Behavioral Health Clinic.
Share-a-Night and make a difference!
Help provide a “temporary” home-away-from-home for families throughout the Southern Appalachian region who stay at the House.
- Cost to house a family per night – ($80)
- Requested contribution from each family – $10/night
- No one is turned away because of an inability to contribute
- Our average nightly contribution is $0.66
For more information call Tina at 423-975-5437 or email email@example.com
St. Patrick’s Day Bash
We had a successful event on Saturday, March 3rd, 2018! Thanks to all who sponsored, attended, volunteered and supported our fundraiser. Join us for our next St. Patrick’s Day Bash! Save the date Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 6:00 pm- 11 pm at Meadowview Convention Center in Kingsport! Keep checking back for updates!
Sponsored By Stifel Investment Services
For tickets or sponsorships, call Tina at 423-975-5437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Countdown till NEXT BASH!
2018 Ultimate Shamrock Sponsor
2018 Gareth’s Bakery Sponsors
2018 Leapin’ Leprechaun Sponsors
People’s Community Bank
Canteen Vending & Dining
DJ & Eva Swatzell
Debbie Davis Waltermire
David & Sarah Babb
Carefree Boat Club
St. Patrick’s Day Bash Gallery
Garland Farm Estates hosted it’s 7th Annual Charity Crawfish Boil benefiting the Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House Charities, Inc. on Saturday, June 2, 2018, and raised $41,300!
Thank you to Pat Ryder, Jas Sethi, Paul Landry, Mike Merrill, Jason Walls, Gabe Curde, Matt Buckmaster, Jay Balint, James Denham, Craig Matherne and PawPaw Harold (Father of Craig) for your hard-work on our behalf. Thank you for selecting the Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House Charities as the charity of choice this year. We had so much fun working with you, enjoying the day….and the great event. You guys are the BEST!
The name missing from above is one of our own Michael Garland. Michael is the owner/developer for Garland Estates and serves on the board of directors for the Ronald McDonald House.
August 13, 2018
Blackthorn Club @ The Ridges
A special thank you to McDonald’s Association of Tri-Cities for being our Elite sponsor and all of our sponsors and Lexus Champions for Charity & Lexus of Kingsport for their support.
On August 13th, the annual golf class was held at Blackthorn Club at The Ridges. With two flights and 148 golfers, it was a great day for golfing, having fun and supporting a worthy cause at the same time. A special thank you to our local McDonald’s owner/operators for being the major sponsor at $10,000.
Hats off to each sponsor, golfer and volunteer who worked so hard to make things come together for a wonderful day of golf. Levy Restaurant provided a delicious lunch of barbeque, slaw, beans, chips and cookies and ReMax Checkmate set up their food truck and served hot dogs with all the trimmings.
Next year’s date has not been set but “Save The Date” cards will be mailed early in 2019 so you can ”ink” in the Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House Charities Golf Classic.
Hole In One Sponsor
Putting Green Sponsor
Kent & Lisa Smithgall
Bank of Tennessee
Chaparral Buick GMC
Mountain Commerce Bank
State Farm – Lindsey Bolton
Lexus Champions for Charity National Championship
Dec. 5-9, 2018
Pebble Beach Golf Links
The Links at Spanish Bay
Spyglass Hill Golf Course
- 54-hole event, three days of play, 18 holes/day
- Two-person better ball, amateurs only
- All players must be verified handicaps and must present handicap cards at tournament registration, 80% of handicap will be used
- Lexus Champions for Charity staff reserves the right to adjust handicaps as they see fit
All Meals are Included
- $100,000 Charity Purse
- $70,000 divided amongst 1st through 10th place NET finishers’ charities
- $30,000 divided amongst 1st through 5th place GROSS finishers’ charities
- Participants will compete for additional prizes for low net and gross scores
- Daily hole-in-one opportunities to win Lexus automobiles
- Includes transportation between the Monterey Peninsula Airport or San Jose International Airport and Pebble Beach Resorts, as well as transportation between Pebble Beach Resorts and the tournament sites
- Spouse/guest package available at additional cost
- Participants are responsible for own airfare and accommodations unless otherwise arranged through the local charity tournament. The host hotel at Pebble Beach Resorts for the Lexus Champions for Charity National Championship will be The Inn at Spanish Bay (All arrangements at The Inn at Spanish Bay must be made through a Lexus Champions for Charity representative).
For more information, contact the Lexus Champions for Charity program office atLCFC@octagon.com or call 800.284.1587